As people say, color is the essence of life, and everything around us would be dull and drab without color in our lives. The same goes for your business and includes everything from your logo design to the office stationery and packaging mailer.
Studies have shown that colors are capable of evoking different emotions and sensations from us. Brands can make use of this psychological reasoning to design an aesthetic appeal for their brand. Your logo, for example, should arise pleasant and encouraging feelings towards your brand.
Do you know what you should keep in mind while choosing logo colors? Let’s get into it but before that, let us find out what emotions different colors provoke when you look at them.
What Do Different Colors Signify According To Color Psychology?
- The color blue can elicit feelings of trustworthiness, confidence, and maturity.
- Green is a versatile color and radiates relaxing, fresh, and reliable vibes.
- Yellow is a fitting color for reflecting a lively, optimistic and welcoming aura.
- The color orange perfectly conveys cheerful, energetic, and creative feelings.
- Red color signifies passion, love, excitement and will draw people’s attention.
- Pink represents femininity and will help you create a youthful and modern look.
- Purple denotes luxury and sophistication and will give you an exclusive appeal.
- Black is a timeless color and conveys luxury, expensive, and elegant qualities.
- White is the color of simplicity, innocence, purity, and pairs well with any color.
- The color brown can convey masculine, rugged, and reassuring feelings.
- Grey is a suitable color for portraying modern, classic, and mysterious vibes.
How To Choose The Right Logo Color For Your Brand?
1. Limit Your Choices To Two Or At Maximum Three Colors
When choosing your Logo Color, remember that simplicity is the key. The less complicated your logo design is, the more unforgettable it will become for your customers. That’s why you should try to use two or a maximum of three colors for your brand logo. Also, try to use complementary colors rather than contrasting ones as much as possible.
2. Select Colors That Are Different From Your Competitors
The next important thing to keep in mind is to select colors that are different from any of your competitors. If you pick colors that are even closely similar to your rivals, you face the risk of creating confusion among customers and losing them to identical-looking brands. So when you think about logo designing for your business, pick distinctive colors.
3. Choose Your Color Scheme Based On Your Brand
Finding logo colors based on your business is also essential as they arise from different emotions from the onlooker. So, the appropriate colors for a women’s clothing boutique may be pink, black or purple, whereas the same for an automobile store are black, grey, or brown.
Choosing a logo colors scheme might be overwhelming but hiring professional logo design in Houston, ensures that you will get a logo that best fits your brand colors & emotions.
4. Decipher The Language Of Colors Under Various Cultures
When choosing the colors for your brand’s logo, do your research on the significance of your preferred colors in different cultures. White, for example, is a sign of purity in many cultures while being associated with death in some religions.
Keeping cultural sensitivity in mind will help you find Logo Color will help you build your overall brand image as a trustworthy business. This may especially be crucial when you’re targeting international markets.
We hope this blog post helped you understand the role logo colors play in the designing process. By choosing appropriate colors for your brand, you can make it more distinctive and memorable among your customers.