it is one of the 3 languages all web developers must learn:
1. HTML to define the content of web pages
2. CSS to specify the layout of web pages
- it follows the syntax and structure of the C programming language. Thus, it is a structured programming language.
- it is a weakly typed language, where certain types are implicitly cast (depending on the operation).
- it is an object-oriented programming language that uses prototypes rather than using classes for inheritance.
- It is a light-weighted and interpreted language.
- It is a case-sensitive language.
- it is supportable in several operating systems including, Windows, macOS, etc.
- It provides good control to the users over the web browsers.
In 1993, Mosaic, the first popular web browser, came into existence. In the year 1994, Netscape was founded by Marc Andreessen. He realized that the web needed to become more dynamic. Thus, a ‘glue language’ was believed to be provided to HTML to make web designing easy for designers and part-time programmers. Consequently, in 1995, the company recruited Brendan Eich intending to implement and embed Scheme programming language to the browser. But, before Brendan could start, the company merged with Sun Microsystems for adding Java into its Navigator so that it could compete with Microsoft over the web technologies and platforms
- Client-side validation,
- Dynamic drop-down menus,
- Display date and time,
- Displaying pop-up windows and dialog boxes (like an alert dialog box, confirm dialog box and prompt dialog box),
- Displaying clocks etc.
Read also:Top Best 5 Marketing Automation Blogs