Go beyond the basics of D3.js to make maintainable, modular, and testable graphs and to package them in a library that may be distributed as open-source software or kept for private use. This book will show you how you can transform normal D3.js chart code into reusable and extendable modules.
You understand the fundamentals of working with D3.js, however, it is time to turn into an expert D3.js practitioner. This publication is your launchpad into refactoring code, writing complex visualizations from small components, working as a team with other developers, and integrating graphs using a Continuous Integration system. You’ll begin by developing a production-ready chart utilizing D3.js v5, ES2015, and also a test-driven strategy and then move on to using and extending Britecharts, the reusable charting library based on Reusable API patterns. Last, you will see how to use D3.js along with React to record and build your graphs to write a mailing checklist you are able to release in the NPM repository.
With Pro D3.js, you are going to grow to be an accomplished D3.js programmer very quickly.
What You Will Learn
- Produce v5 D3.js charts with ES2016 and device tests
- Create modular, testable, and extensible code together with the Reusable API pattern
- Work with and expand Britecharts, a reusable charting library made in Eventbrite
- Utilize Webpack and npm to create and publish a charting library from your own chart collections
- Write reference documentation and build a documentation site for your own library.
Who This Book Is For