Backlinks (also known as “inbound links”, “incoming links” or “one way links”) are links from one website to a page on another website. Google and other major search engines consider“votes” for a specific page. Pages with a high number of backlinks tend to have high organic search engine rankings.
Types of Backlinks
There are two types of Backlink
2. No follow backlink
How to get in 2021
Building Backlinks in 2021 to your site takes time and effort. Here are 7 simple ways you can start building quality backlinks for your website.
- Add links to your site on your social media profiles.
- Do a Google search for a post that’s already ranking well and then improve and expand it.
- Create list posts, “how-to” posts, “why” posts, infographics, or posts with embedded videos. These formats usually get more backlinks than standard posts.
- Write the ultimate guide posts. These are very long posts containing several thousand words and cover every angle of the topic.
- Write guest posts on other blogs and websites
- Contact influencers in your niche or industry and tell them about an article on your site that they may want to link to.
- Interview influencers in your industry and send them a link, no doubt they will link back to your site.
You can also begin doing competitive research. In order to do this, you’ll need to see your competitors who are ranking well.
The Importance of Backlinks
Search engine optimization involves a number of different tasks and moving pieces, each of which are equally important to the health and strength of your website. Backlinks are an essential aspect of SEO because they help to build your website’s domain and page authorities, which directly contribute to search result rankings. However, the importance extends further than this alone.
You are able to track where your traffic comes from and how those users interact on your site. This can help you develop a sound SEO strategy, which should surely include a strong backlinking strategy, as a thorough and quality backlink portfolio is important for a multitude of reasons to be covered below. As you consider SEO for your website and begin to familiarize yourself with the strategies therein, let us fill you in on the importance of backlinks in 2021 and the best practices for building your portfolio.