Is craigslist not loading or only very slowly despite an internet connection? Then find out here what you can do if Craigslist cannot be loaded.
It can be quite annoying when an app from the App Store cannot be loaded and thus updated. The download or update has begun, but only a fraction of the app is loaded after hours.
Or an app like Craigslist cannot be installed because the download does not start even though you are connected to the internet.
By the way, other issues and errors can happen which you can find in the overview of all Craigslist problems.
craigslist not loading
You want to download or update Craigslist and it takes forever for the download to start or for the app to be completely downloaded because it just won’t load. Many then desperately attempt to restart the download of Craigslist, but this does not lead to any good results either.
The next attempt by many will be to check the internet connection. But the WLAN shows full reception and it still doesn’t work or works very slowly.
craigslist loads very slowly
If craigslist is downloading very slowly, it could also be due to the size of the app itself. The progress bar gives you a slow download, but this may only appear because of the size of the app. In the event of an update, you can check in the respective app store how big the installation file is and see whether it may load for so extended due to its size.
craigslist Update does not start
Whether you want to update craigslist or download it again. If one doesn’t work, you probably have the same problems with the other thing and should look for the exact solutions.
We have therefore put together a few potential solutions so that you can download the craigslist app without any issues.
Why is Craigslist Website Not Working?
Though there is no specific reason why the Craigslist website is not loading or working properly, we can say that it can be due to the following causes:
- Have a poor internet connection
- The website is down due to temporary service outages
- The website is not up to date
- You might have turned on your ad-blocker
- The website might be under maintenance
- You might be using a VPN
- You haven’t cleared your cache and cookies
How to Fix: Craigslist Website Not Working
If you can’t find any data from different forums, follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
Check your Internet Connection
Many times, the main problem is with the internet connection. And to discover if it is really an internet issue, check if other websites are working correctly.
If not, try to change your Network. For instance, if you are now connected to Wi-Fi, try using the Craigslist website using your mobile data and see if this fixes the issue.
Besides, you can also attempt to restart your router or modem by turning it off and, after a few minutes, turning it on again.
Clear Browsing Cache & Cookies
Cookies are files created by the sites you visit, making your online experience easier. And cache remembers parts of pages like images to help them open faster during your next visit.
Sometimes, it gets corrupted, which may prevent the site from working correctly. Therefore, you’ll need to delete your cache and cookies to fix the website not loading problems.
In order to clear or delete cache and cookies, track these steps;
- Open Chrome and click More (three dots) at the top right corner
- Tap on More Tools and select Clear Browsing Data
- Now, choose a time range or simply select All time to delete everything
- Check the boxes next to Cached Images and Files and Cookies and Other Site Data and tap Clear data
Remember that by clearing your browser’s cache and cookies, some settings may get deleted, and some sites can seem sluggish because it has to load again.
- To clear history and cookies, go to Settings, tap Safari, and select Clear History and Website Data.
- To clear your cookies and store your history: Settings -> Safari -> Advanced Website Data -> Tap Remove All Website Data.
- If you want to visit sites without leaving a history, it is better to turn Private on Browsing
Remember that clearing your cookies, cache, and history from Safari won’t alter your AutoFill information.
However, it’ll remove your browsing data, including frequently visited site list, list of items you’ve downloaded, current searches, history of the web page you visited, and icons for web pages.
Reset your Browser
After clearing your browser’s cache and cookies, you’ll have to complete your browser, reopen it, and revisit Craigslist . Doing so will reset the browser’s status to where you prefer.
Check your Computer’s Time and Date Settings
Ensure that your device’s time and date are correct because if it is not correct, it may cause Craigslist website issues and prevent it from working properly.
So, to set your time and date on your computer, navigate to Start -> Settings -> Time & Language -> Date & Time. Now, modify the date and time as desired and click the change button.
There is a possibility that you have enabled the ad-blocker option which prevents you from accessing the Craigslist website. Therefore, disable it and see if this resolves the Craigslist not working issue. Follow the steps;
- Open the Chrome browser and tap on the three-dot choice at the top right corner
- Click on More Tools options and select Extensions
- Now, Turn off the ad blocker extension
- Navigate to Settings and select Safari
- Now, under the General section, select Content Blocker
- Then, toggle off the ad blocker and see if this helps
If you have enabled a VPN on your device, it can prevent the Craigslist website or any other site from working correctly. Thus, it is advised to disable it and try to reaccess the Craigslist website.
- Navigate to Settings and tap on Network & Internet
- Choose VPN in the left-side menu
- Now, choose the VPN connection that you want to disable and select Disconnect
You can directly disable your VPN from Settings, by following the actions below:
- Navigate to System Preferences and tap on Network
- Choose your VPN connection from the left panel
- Now, select Disconnect
Update your Browser
Having the latest version of your browser will save you better against scams, viruses, and other threats. Also, it even fixes previous bugs or glitches in the browser.
So, if your browser is not up-to-date, it may cause Craigslist to not load, as the updated and improved features of Craigslist will not be supported.
Thus, update it to its latest version and see if this resolves the issue. Follow the steps:
- On your Android device, open the Play Store app and tap on the Profile icon
- Now, tap on Manage Apps & Device and see Chrome under Updates Available section
- Once found, select Update
- Open the Settings app and select General
- Now click Software Update
- Select Update
By doing so, it’ll download the latest version of your devices, and the numerous updated version of Safari is also installed.
Use Another Browser
If you think that the browser you are currently using Craigslist is driving the Craigslist website issues, then you can try utilizing another browser like Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.
For instance, if you are currently using Craigslist on Chrome, try using Edge, Safari, Firefox, or vice-versa and see if this helps.
Restart your Device
If the above solutions don’t work, try restarting your device because sometimes, the issue might be with your device, which causes the Craigslist website to not load. Besides, inspect for available updates on your device.
Wait for a While
If Craigslist is not loading, there is a chance of some glitches or bugs in the Craigslist website, or the service might be down. So, if the above solutions don’t help, wait for a while till the problem is resolved on Craigslist‘s side.
Contact Craigslist Customer Service
If the issue persists and none of the above solutions help, all you can do is to get in contact with the Craigslist’s customer care team and mention the following:
- As much detail as you can about the issue
- If there are any error messages, you can send a screenshot
- So far what you’ve done to get rid of this problem
- Lastly, which web browser (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Edge) are you utilizing Craigslist?
To fix the Craigslist website not working or craigslist not loading, check for a proper internet connection, update your device, use another browser or device, or wait until the issue gets fixed from the Craigslist side.
Besides, check if you have a VPN enabled on your device. So, we hope the above article has helped you correct the Craigslist website issue.