How To Become A Freelance Content Writer In India

A freelance writer is a writer who works on a self-employed basis. They can work for just one magazine or, more often, they write for several different publications at a time. The more diverse a writer can be, the more likely they are to be published and paid for their work

What Is A Freelance Content Writer?

First off there is a difference between a freelance writer and a Freelance Content Writer

As a Writer, you are writing for both, offline and online publications – think of magazine, newspapers, books and website.  As a Freelance Content Writer, you get paid to create content for the Web. This includes writing articles, sales copy, e-books, podcasts, and text for graphics.

What Skills Do You Need To Become A Freelance Content Writer

To become Freelance Content Writer start with finding your own niche. What is it that you enjoy writing the best? From beauty articles to SEO-friendly pieces for an e-commerce website to writing copies for social media, you have a wide range to choose from. 

Unlike a full-time job, you get a lot of opportunities to test your writing skills as a freelancer.

When you are just starting out as a freelance , it is important to take up a variety of projects. From lifestyle writing to social media writing, and basically whatever you can get your hands on. Use this experience to figure out what works best for you and find your niche.

Also, play to your strengths. I’ve realised that writing about beauty, fashion and relationships comes naturally to me. But articles on finance, legal issues or even sales and social media copies take longer. Hence, I’ve divided my projects in an 80-20 ratio. 80 per cent of lifestyle writing that I can finish easily and take up more projects. And the rest 20 per cent of writing stuff that takes longer to finish and requires more effort.

Read also:Top 3 Best SEO Freelancer For Hire in 2020

Co Founder & COO of Digital Treed | Sales & Marketing Manager
How To Use Data Analytics To Improve Email Marketing Campaigns Top 8 Dominating Mobile App Trends in 2022 How to make a car safe for long journeys? Everything You Expect to Learn About VPN for Windows Top 7 Benefits of B2B Marketing Strategy Characteristics Held in common with All Customer-Friendly LMS Solutions