HTML Tags are like keywords which defines that how web browser will format and display the content. With the help of tags, a web browser can distinguish between an HTML content and a simple content. HTML tags contain three main parts: opening tag, content and closing tag. But some are unclosed tags.
|<!DOCTYPE>||Defines the document type|
|<html>||Defines an HTML document|
|<head>||Contains metadata/information for the document|
|<title>||Defines a title for the document|
|<body>||Defines the document’s body|
|<h1> to <h6>||Defines HTML headings|
|<p>||Defines a paragraph|
|<br>||Inserts a single line break|
|<hr>||Defines a thematic change in the content|
|<!–…–>||Defines a comment|
Most commonly used tags in HTML
HTML contains lots of predefined tag. Some of them are described below:
- HTML tag: It is the root of the html document which is used to specify that the document is html.
- Head tag: Head tag is used to contain all the head element in the html file. It contains the title, style, meta, … etc tag.
- Body tag: It is used to define the body of html document. It contains image, tables, lists, … etc.
- Title tag: It is used to define the title of html document
How many tags are in HTML?
HTML is a very simple markup language. Even though there are close to 100 tags in HTML5, you usually only end up using a handful 99% of the time. I am going to teach you 10 tags you need to markup almost all content and anything else you can think of when creating a web page
Read also:5 Best Free HTML Editors
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite celebrities!
Business Blog Write For Us | Submit Your Guest Post
Digital Treed is offering an opportunity to submit a guest post. We are looking for passionate content writers and guest bloggers to write for us following niche Finance, Business, Tech News, Social media Marketing, Online Marketing, Digital Marketing, Hardware, Apps / Reviews, SEO, Marketing, Business Blogging, Startup and Entrepreneurship