Earlier we used to store our data in hard drives on a computer. Cloud Computing services have replaced such hard drive technology. Cloud Computing service is nothing but providing services like Storage, Databases, Servers, networking and the software through the Internet.
Few Companies offer such computing services, hence named as “Cloud Computing Providers/ Companies”. They charge its users for utilizing such services and the charges are based on their usage of services.
Generally, cloud computing services are categorized into three types.
1) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): This service provides the infrastructure like Servers, Operating Systems, Virtual Machines, Networks, and Storage on rent basis.
E.g: Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure
2) Platform as a Service (PaaS): This service is used in developing, testing and maintaining of software. PaaS is same as IaaS but also provides additional tools like DBMS and BI service.
E.g: Apprenda, Red Hat OpenShift
3) Software as a Service (SaaS): This service makes the users connect to the applications through the Internet on a subscription basis.
Top 10 Cloud Computing Companies
1) Amazon Web Services
AWS is Amazon’s cloud web hosting platform which offers fast, flexible, reliable and cost-effective solutions. It offers a service in the form of building block which can be used to create and deploy any kind of application in the cloud. It is the most popular as it was the first to enter the cloud computing space.
- Easy sign-up process
- Fast Deployments
- Allows easy management of add or remove capacity
- Access to effectively limitless capacity
- Centralized Billing and management
- Offers Hybrid Capabilities and per hour billing
A cloud server tool developed by Kamatera is very much similar to a physical server. It operated in a virtual infrastructure cloud, making it highly flexible and cost-effective. This cloud server pricing is based on pay as you use model a standard in the industry.
- 13 Data Centers across four continents for ultimate performance and availability
- Customized and Tailored Made VPS Hosting to fit your needs
- Scalability: Allows you to quickly add load balancers, firewalls, private networks and apps such as: pfSense, Docker, CPanel, Drupal, Jenkins, WordPress, Magento, node.JS and many more.
- All SSDs with UNLIMITED TRAFFIC. 99.95% Up-Time Guaranteed
- Scale across hundreds of servers in seconds
- Billing options – Per Month or Per Day
- 24/7/365 Tech Human Support
- 30 Day Free Trial to test the services
Vultr is a cloud service that provides software that is ideal for a web application or development environment. It offers fully automate dedicated servers with zero virtualization layer.
- It allows you to bring automation in your business by using Vultr’s API.
- Fast SSD-backed scalable and redundant storage
- Provide dedicated cloud compute instances
- Offers control panel to ease the server management process.
Digitalocean’s droplet is a scalable computer service. It is more than just virtual machines. This cloud platform offers add-on storage, security, and monitoring capabilities to run production applications easily.
- Allows you to deploy your custom image, one-click app, or standard distribution
- You can deploy Droplets and get a reliable connection and flat pricing across 8 data center regions
- Option to select Standard Plans or Performance Plans according to your business needs
Rackspace is another useful cloud computer service tool. It offers services like hosting web applications, cloud files, cloud backup, database, and cloud server, etc.
- Fast-migrating to the Cloud
- Helps you to prepare your business for the worst-case scenario
- Work on pay as you go model, so you are charged base on your usage
- It helps you to use a combination of solid-state drives and hard drives to deliver high performance
MassiveGrid offers Virtual and Dedicated Private Clouds. With Virtual Private Clouds, helps users to have the flexibility to manage their resources in their environment according to their business needs.
- Offers fast & reliable Network Infrastructure
- Private cloud clients a secure web control panel, it can be used 24x7x365 to manage their clouds
- Offers high availability services with building a state of the art infrastructure
- Extremely Fast and dedicated Hardware
7) Alibaba Cloud
Alibaba is the largest Chinese cloud computing company. It is a new platform which created a global footprint with over 1500 CDN Nodes worldwide of 19 regions and 56 availability zones across more than 200 countries.
- Helps you to achieve faster results
- Helps you to protect and backup your data
- Full management permissions and multiple management methods
- Highly stable applications and reliable data storage
The liquid web offers cloud Sites which is a managed hosting platform which offers creatives freedom to build and launch websites without the need to learn cPanel or server management.
- It allows you to manage your sites quickly and effortlessly
- Host Unlimited Sites & Apps with a single Account
- Not require any server management skill
- The tool can easily be integrated with WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.
9) Microsoft Azure
Azure is a cloud platform which is launched by Microsoft in February 2010. This open source and flexible cloud platform which helps in development, data storage, service management & hosting solutions.
- Windows Azure offers the most effective solution for your data needs
- Provides scalability, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness
- Offers consistency across clouds with familiar tools and resources
- Allow you to scale your IT resources up and down according to your business needs
10) Google Cloud Platform
Google Cloud is a set of solution and products which includes GCP & G suite. It helps you to solve all kind of business challenges with ease.
- Allows you to scale with open, flexible technology
- Solve issues with accessible AI & data analytics
- Eliminate the need for installing costly servers
- Allows you to transform your business with a full suite of cloud-based services
Read also: How to Install Android Studio on Ubuntu